The Top 5 Mistakes You're Making in Your Bodybuilding Routine
Are you spending hours in the gym and not seeing your hard work pay off?
Check out the top 5 mistakes you might be making and how to fix them!
Building the perfect body requires consistency, dedication, and a well-planned bodybuilding routine. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced bodybuilder, making mistakes in your workout routine can slow down your progress and prevent you from achieving your desired results.
If you've been putting in the effort but not seeing the expected outcomes, it's time to take a closer look at your workout routine. In this article, we'll highlight the top 5 mistakes you might be making in your bodybuilding routine and provide actionable tips to fix them.
The Top 5 Mistakes You're Making in Your Bodybuilding Routine
Mistake 1: Not Following a Structured Workout Plan
One of the most common mistakes that beginners make is not following a structured workout plan. Going to the gym without a plan or randomly selecting exercises to perform can lead to wasted time, poor results, and even injuries.
How to Fix It
Create a workout plan that includes a variety of exercises targeting different muscle groups. Focus on compound exercises like squats, deadlifts, and bench press, and gradually increase the weight as you get stronger.
Mistake 2: Ignoring Proper Form and Technique
Performing exercises with incorrect form and technique can be detrimental to your bodybuilding routine. It can cause injuries and prevent you from targeting the specific muscles you're trying to work on.
How to Fix It
Take the time to learn the proper form and technique for each exercise. Start with light weights and gradually increase the weight once you have mastered the correct form.
Mistake 3: Skipping Warm-up and Cool-down Sessions
Skipping warm-up and cool-down sessions before and after a workout is a common mistake made by many bodybuilders. It can cause injuries and prevent you from maximizing your workout.
How to Fix It
Include a proper warm-up and cool-down session before and after each workout. This can include light cardio, stretching, and foam rolling to warm up your muscles and prevent injuries.
Mistake 4: Not Enough Rest and Recovery Time
Many bodybuilders make the mistake of overworking their muscles without providing enough rest and recovery time. This can lead to burnout, fatigue, and injuries.
How to Fix It
Schedule rest and recovery time in your workout routine, including rest days and proper sleep. Listen to your body and take a break if you feel tired or sore.
Mistake 5: Not Paying Attention to Nutrition
Your bodybuilding routine is not complete without proper nutrition. Ignoring nutrition can limit your muscle growth and prevent you from achieving your desired results. Proper protein intake is very pivotal when it comes to making progress in bodybuilding. A good general rule of thumb to follow is 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per every pound of lean body mass.
How to Fix It
Ensure that your diet includes sufficient protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats to support muscle growth. Consider working with a registered dietitian or nutritionist to create a meal plan that best suits your fitness goals. Additionally, you can try finding a meal plan that caters to your particular body type and fitness goals online. There are tons of amazing guides out there that can help you dial in your diet. Determine whether you are a mesomorph, endomorph, or ectomorph and find a pre-made meal plan that best suits your goals based on your particular body type.
By avoiding these 5 common mistakes mentioned above, you can significantly improve your bodybuilding routine and start seeing better quality results from your workouts. A well-structured workout plan, proper form, sufficient rest and recovery time, and attention to nutrition are the key factors that can help you achieve your desired physique.
Remember: Building the perfect body takes time, consistency, dedication, and a little bit of trial and error but it's totally worth the effort in the long run especially when you start seeing the fruits of your labor.
- Create a structured workout plan
- Focus on proper form and technique
- Warm up and cool down before and after workouts
- Allow enough rest and recovery time
- Pay attention to your macro ratios / nutrition
Can I do the same workout every day?
No, doing the same workout every day can lead to overworking your muscles and prevent you from seeing the desired results. Its a good idea to regularly change your exercise routine to keep your body challenged and guessing about what is to come next. This strategy can help prevent plateaus in your progress and encourage continued growth and improvement.
Can I gain muscle without protein supplements?
Yes, you can gain muscle without protein supplements. However, it's essential to ensure that your diet includes sufficient protein from natural sources like leanmeat, fish, eggs, and beans.
How long should I rest between sets?
The rest time between sets can vary depending on your fitness level and the type of exercise you're performing. As a general rule, rest 30-60 seconds for compound exercises and 60-90 seconds for isolation exercises.
Can I just skip the warm-up and cool-down sessions?
Skipping warm-up and cool-down sessions can increase the risk of injuries and limit your workout effectiveness. It's essential to include a proper warm-up and cool-down session before and after each workout.
Using Supplements to Boost Your Bodybuilding Routine
While a proper diet and workout routine are the foundation of bodybuilding, supplements can help you stay on track with your goals. The next section will cover some of the most effective supplements that can aid in fat loss and muscle gain:
Using Fat Burners To Help You Get Shredded
If you're looking to lose body fat, fat burners can help by boosting your metabolism and increasing your energy levels. Here are some effective fat burners to consider:
Alpha Lean-7 by Hard Rock Supplements: Alpha Lean-7 is a thermogenic fat burner that helps increase your metabolic rate and improve your body's ability to burn fat. This supplement contains a blend of natural ingredients, including Alpha Yohimbine, Green Tea Extract, Dandelion Powder, and Eria Jarensis Extract, to help boost your energy levels, increase your core temperature to make you sweat more, and suppress your appetite.
Muscle Sculptor by Vital Alchemy: Muscle Sculptor is a fat loss supplement designed to help you lose weight and support lean muscle mass. This supplement contains a blend of natural ingredients, including Epicatechin, Yohimbine HCL, and Grains of Paradise, to help increase your metabolism, burn fat, and build muscle.
Naturally Shredded by Vital Alchemy: Naturally Shredded is a natural fat loss supplement that helps boost your metabolism and increase your body's ability to burn fat. This supplement contains a blend of natural ingredients, including Ashwagandha Extract, Grains of Paradise, and Dandelion Extract, to help suppress your appetite and promote fat loss.
- True Shred by Hard Rock Supplements: True Shred is a one of a kind hybrid fat shredding & muscle building agent. It contains a natural anabolic ingredient, test booster, estrogen inhibitor, metabolism enhancer, and IGF-1 booster. This supplement can greatly help in accelerating your results and helping you achieve a leaner and more muscular physique
Using Natural Anabolic To Help You Build Muscle & Strength
- Anafuse by Vital Alchemy: Anafuse is our top ranking natural anabolic supplement made by Vital Alchemy. Anafuse is a highly-regarded supplement among natural bodybuilders thanks to its unique blend of 4 potent natural anabolic components: Epicatechin, Turkesterone, HICA, and Eriobotrya Japonica.
- Alphabulk by Olympus Labs: AlphaBulk is the latest breakthrough in natural anabolic supplements created by Olympus Labs which is specially formulated to help increase lean muscle and enhance strength while providing some additional fat oxidizing properties. It contains a unique blend of ingredients such as α-Cedrene, α-Ionone, Kaempferia Parviflora (PhtyoFUSE), and Urolithin B, making it one of the most potent natural anabolics on the market as of 2023.
- Colossal Muscle by Hard Rock Supplements: Colossal Muscle is a very popular natural anabolic supplement made by Hard Rock Supplements that features a blend of 2 different Ecdysterone compounds. It can help increase protein synthesis, improve strength, and can even aid in assisting fat loss in the process depending on the content of your diet and training.
Natural anabolics have little to no risks of side effects and can be used for periods of 10 to 12 weeks at a time. They do not require any cycle support or PCT (Post Cycle Therapy)
Pro Tip: Try combining one of these natural anabolics with a natural testosterone booster of your choice. The combination of these supplement will greatly help improve the overall quality of your results as the two supplements will have synergistic effects and will work together in helping users get some phenomenal results!
Unlock Your True Bodybuilding Potential with These Epic Test Boosters!
Are you at a plateau and find yourself struggling to improve your strength or build muscle? If so, then you might want to consider using something that can help you boost your testosterone levels. Here are some of our highest ranking test boosters which can greatly help you break your plateau and help you pack on more muscle and strength:
- Sergeant Steel by Assault Labs: If you're looking for a powerful test booster that can help you conquer your fitness goals, then Sergeant Steel is your answer. This epic blend of D-Aspartic Acid, KSM-66, Tribulus, Fenugreek, and Mucuna Pruriens is designed to boost testosterone levels, increase sex drive/libido, and reduce estrogen and cortisol. With Sergeant Steel, you'll feel like a true warrior ready to crush your workout like a boss!
Apex Male by Blackstone Labs: This natural test booster is a game-changer for those who want to increase testosterone levels naturally. Apex Male features an extensive blend of ingredients that includes Bulbine, N-methyl D-aspartate (NMDA), Tribulus, and D-Aspartic Acid, which are proven to boost testosterone levels and help you achieve peak performance.
Superhuman Test by Alpha Lion: Are you ready to unleash your inner beast and bring the heat to your workout? Then you need to take a peek at SuperHuman Test. This epic blend of DIM, TestoSurge (Fenugreek), Tongkat Ali, and PrimaVie (Shilajit) is designed to boost testosterone levels and elevate your overall athletic performance. With SuperHuman Test, you'll feel like a superhero with the power to conquer any workout!
Test boosters are a critical component of a solid bodybuilding regimen. These epic supplements are designed to help you increase testosterone levels, boost muscle growth, and elevate your overall athletic performance.
Be sure to follow the recommended dosage and consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new supplement regimen.
Using Pre-Workout Supplements To Boost Your Performance In The Gym
If you're ready to take your workouts to the next level and unleash your inner beast, you need the right supplements to fuel your fire. Pre-workout supplements can provide you with the clean energy, focus, and endurance you need to dominate your training sessions and achieve your fitness goals.
Wild Thing by Assault Labs: This supplement is not for the faint-hearted. Wild Thing packs a punch with its blend of caffeine, beta-alanine, and L-Citrulline, which work together to enhance athletic performance, improve blood flow, and help you push harder during your workout. With Wild Thing, you'll feel like a wild animal ready to attack your workout with ferocity!
Seismic Surge by Hard Rock Supplements: Looking for a supplement that will give you explosive pumps and boundless energy? Seismic Surge is the answer. This blend contains beta-alanine, L-Arginine, agmatine, and other powerful ingredients that will enhance athletic performance and improve the quality of your workouts. With Seismic Surge, you'll feel the ground shake beneath your feet as you power through your sets!
Superhuman Supreme by Alpha Lion: If you want to take your workouts to the next level and become superhuman, then you need to consider Superhuman Supreme as your weapon of choice. This blend is designed to boost muscle growth, improve your energy, and elevate your overall athletic performance. With its explosive blend of beta-alanine, caffeine, and L-Citrulline, you'll feel like a superhero with the power to conquer any workout!
Pre-workout supplements are a game-changer for bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts who want to take their workouts to the next level. With the right pre-workout supplement, you can achieve peak performance, explosive energy, and unparalleled focus in the gym.
Unleash your inner beast and crush your fitness goals with these powerful pre-workout supplements!
Rev Up Your Muscle Gains with These Insanely Powerful Intra-Workout Supplements!
Stop struggling to achieve your fitness goals and start seeing your hard work come to fruition. Fueling your body with the right nutrients and energy during your workouts is paramount to your success when it comes to bodybuilding. That's where intra-workout supplements come in - they're designed to provide you with the power and endurance you need to push through even the most grueling workout routines.
- Jetmass by GAT: If you want to push your limits and break through your plateaus, then Jetmass is a superior supplement to include in your regimen. With a potent blend of creatine, amino acids, vitamins, and nitric oxide boosters, Jetmass will vastly help improve your strength and muscular endurance during workouts, giving you the power to conquer every set and rep.
- Resurgence by Blackstone Labs: Maximize your performance and dominate the gym with Resurgence. This supplement is designed to support your energy levels, focus, and hydration with a unique blend of BCAAs, vitamins, and electrolytes, ensuring that you're always performing at your best.
- Asylum Anytime BCAA by Psycho Pharma: Don't let muscle breakdown hold you back from your gains - power through your workouts with Asylum Anytime BCAA. With a potent blend of BCAAs, citrulline, and taurine, this supplement will support muscle growth and prevent breakdown during your toughest routines.
By incorporating these intra-workout supplements into your routine, you can help maximize your performance and achieve your goals faster.
Intra-workout supplements have been shown to replenish and revitalize the body during intense workouts. Furthermore, they've been found to help accelerate the recovery of microtrauma caused to muscle tissue during training. This makes them a very valuable addition to any bodybuilder seeking to improve performance and reduce recovery time.
Supercharge Your Gains and Maximize Recovery with Post-Workout & Recovery Supplements
If you're serious about bodybuilding, then you know that proper recovery after every workout is crucial for achieving optimal muscle gains. The right combination of post-workout and recovery supplements can help you reduce muscle soreness, accelerate recovery, and enhance overall performance.
So what are post-workout and general fitness supplements, and how can they help you reach your fitness goals? These supplements are designed to support the body's natural processes with a blend of essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and other ingredients. The benefits of incorporating them into your bodybuilding routine include:
- Enhanced athletic performance: By providing the body with the nutrients it needs, these supplements can help to enhance athletic performance.
- Improved recovery: They can help support the body's natural recovery processes, allowing you to get back in the gym sooner and avoid injury.
- Increased muscle growth: These supplements can promote muscle growth, helping you achieve your bodybuilding goals.
- Better overall health and well-being: They can contain essential vitamins and minerals that support overall health and well-being, leaving you feeling energized and ready to take on the world.
- Reduced muscle soreness: These supplements can help reduce muscle soreness, so you can get back to the gym faster and continue making gains.
Check out our top ranking post-workout and recovery supplements:
- Aftershock Post-Workout by Myogenix - This powerhouse recovery supplement is designed to help you recover faster after intense workouts. It provides a comprehensive formula that covers just about all the bases with ingredients like BCAAs, glutamine, and antioxidants, Aftershock can alleviate muscle soreness and enhance muscle recovery, allowing you to return to peak level performance quickly while feeling revitalized and ready to go.
- Myovite by Myogenix - If you're not getting your full 8 servings of fruits and veggies every day, then consider getting a solid Multi Vitamin supplement. Myovite is an all-encompassing multivitamin supplement that's designed to provide the critical nutrients necessary for optimal gym performance and overall health.
- ZMA XT by SNS- This amazing yet simple recovery supplement contains zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6, which can significantly boost sports performance and promote muscle rejuvenation. ZMA is most commonly taken at night before bed to help promote a deeper and more restful sleep.
As We Come To An End...
Bodybuilding is a challenging pursuit that requires hard work, dedication, and the right tools. By avoiding these top 5 common mistakes, you can maximize your gains and accelerate your progress.
Iincorporating supplements such as natural anabolics, testosterone boosters, pre-workout supplements, intra-workout supplements, and post-workout and recovery supplements can provide the nutrients and energy needed to power through intense workouts, promote muscle growth, and help you smash through your plateaus.
With the right combination of knowledge, effort, and supplements, you can achieve your bodybuilding goals and unlock your full potential.
As always, it is important to consult a healthcare professional before starting any new supplement, diet, or training regimen (especially if you are someone who has any underlying medical conditions).
Written and Sponsored by Leonard Shemtob
Leonard Shemtob is President of Strong Supplements. Leonard has been in the supplement space for over 20 years, specializing in fitness supplements and nutrition. Leonard has written over 100 articles about supplements and has studied nutrition, supplementation and bodybuilding. Leonard enjoys weight training, playing basketball and yoga, and also enjoys hiking. In his free time he studies and works on improving himself. His personal blog is www.leonardshemtob.com
- Schoenfeld, B. J., Peterson, M. D., Ogborn, D., Contreras, B., & Sonmez, G. T. (2015). Effects of Low- vs. High-Load Resistance Training on Muscle Strength and Hypertrophy in Well-Trained Men. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 29(10), 2954-2963.
- Bird, S. P., Tarpenning, K. M., & Marino, F. E. (2006). Designing Resistance Training Programmes to Enhance Muscular Fitness: A Review of the Acute Programme Variables. Sports Medicine, 36(10), 841-851.
- Kreider, R. B., Wilborn, C. D., Taylor, L., Campbell, B., Almada, A. L., Collins, R., & Antonio, J. (2010). ISSN Exercise & Sport Nutrition Review: Research & Recommendations. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 7(1), 1-43.
- Helms, E. R., Aragon, A. A., & Fitschen, P. J. (2014). Evidence-Based Recommendations for Natural Bodybuilding Contest Preparation: Nutrition and Supplementation. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 11(1), 1-20.
- Forbes, S. C., Candow, D. G., Smith-Ryan, A. E., Hirsch, K. R., & Roberts, M. D. (2020). Supplemental Citrulline is More Effective than Arginine for Increasing Systemic Arginine Availability in Healthy Adults. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 34(1), 30-36.
- Wankhede, S., Langade, D., Joshi, K., Sinha, S. R., & Bhattacharyya, S. (2015). Examining the Effect of Withania Somnifera Supplementation on Muscle Strength and Recovery: A Randomized Controlled Trial. The Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 12(1), 1-9.
Antonio, J., & Ciccone, V. (2013). The effects of pre versus post workout supplementation of creatine monohydrate on body composition and strength. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 10(1), 1-10.
Sponsored By Leonard Shemtob